Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Disruptions

Hello everyone,

Isn't this painting pretty? My great great aunt Sara painted altar paintings in the 1800s. She did over 800. This is Peter and the Christ. You can tell it was at the altar when you look at the edges and see the decorative wooden scroll work that served as a frame. I thought it was appropriate to share it during the holiday season.

Ryan is handing the disruption of our holiday well. The kitchen is done except for a little bit of sanding and painting that may get done next week. Ryan, however, is allergic to dust so we're going to have to contain any mess.

I'm probably more stressed out. The tree usually goes up after thanksgiving and I can't put it up and have it coated in dust, it's impossible to clean! This may be the year without a tree if this doesn't get done soon! Then I will be the one having a melt down. Honestly, Ryan never really did have much for melt downs so it's incorrect to infer that he did. My bad. He's always been an even tempered kid. He does have things that freak him out a little but we're working on the panic episodes.

I hope that your Christmas preparations are going well. Prayers that you are de-stressing once in a while.
God bless,
Much Love and Joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment