Saturday, October 16, 2010

Coping with Isolation and Frustration talk

Good morning,

October has to be one of my favorite months, one of twelve anyway! I love the warm days, crisp nights, no AC or heat! The one thing I can do without is all the burning.

Saturdays are the only legal burn day and you need a permit. SNORT! People burn all the time and I'm here to tell you they are burning more than leaves and brush!

Not only that, those cute little "firepits" are becoming burning dumps. You can tell the minute someone starts burning garbage. It annoys the heck out of me because it's illegal for one, secondly Ryan has respiratory difficulties and burning means we have to close the house up tight on a day when we could have it flung wide open! And thirdly, IT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN! Am I right?

This week was a good one for Ryan. We only had a few days where he had trouble. One woman, when he was younger, was all snaked up because she didn't think people with Cerebral Palsy had breathing issues since the lungs weren't a muscle. I just smiled and didn't engage. It cracked me up, however, that the next issue of Exceptional Parent magazine talked about that very difficulty for kids with CP. You gotta love God's timing on that one. I'm sure she read it. ;-)

I've been busy lately with Children of Light and all that goes into releaseing a book. While the book is primarily faith-based, the presentation that is doing the best is general in nature.

The presentation called, "Coping with Isolation and Frustration" has been received very well by all groups, especially parents of children and young adults with special needs. It's a talk about various proven methods of lessening stress. I've given the talk to writing groups, women's groups and other parents. I can do the straight presentation OR if a group is interested in a presentation with materials to take home there is a fee. I'm booking the presentations now so if you're interested please let me know. The materials are artistic in nature.

Have an awesome weekend and I'll see you tomorrow!
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment