Saturday, November 13, 2010

Give me antibiotics!

Hello everyone,

I've missed blogging but my weeks have been slipping by without a chance to talk with you. Not only is work nuts but it seems like most falls, chaotic.

Well, here's the mess in the house. I'm redoing the kitchen. Actually, I'm not doing it. I have a carpenter/painter named Kevin who did the bathroom. The floor is done, it's Duro-ceramic and I love it. It looks like terrazzo. I'll keep you posted with pics if you're interested. If not, just slide on by.

My house is about 50 years old so the kitchen is small. It's an eat-in kitchen but there's not a ton of space. The whole level is only about 1000 square feet. Big enough for Ryan, me and the dog, right?

Ryan loves the entire process which really surprises me. I thought the disarray would derail him but he's chugging along nicely. I'm the one tearing my hair out. Kevin is amazing about keeping the kitchen functional while he works but just having the cupboard doors off drives me a little bonkers. Everything looks so messy. A couple more weeks at the most and it'll be done. My countertop comes in next week.

Ryan's natural curiosity overrides his aversion to disorder when we take on a project like this and he's got his little nose in every step of the project. I'm glad though. What a nightmare if he didn't. He spends a lot of time in his room, however, perhaps a way of coping.

Ryan's cough is still hanging on. He got soooo sick about two weeks ago and is still suffering from a lingering bronchitis. I guess I'll have to take him in this week if it doesn't break up more. I'm a little concerned about it. His coughs sometimes don't resolve without antibiotics. URIs have been a part of his life since he was born. Sometimes I really have to fight to get them and that ticks me off. Healthy kids recover in a couple of weeks but a child with disabilities and upper respiratory infections his entire life is not really where a doctor should make a point. Sheesh. Give me a break dude. I've given it plenty of time to resolve. On Tuesday it will be THREE weeks and we're heading in. I think too many people take their kids in during that first week so doctors put them off. We're not like that and I would hope that over the years, that would become obvious.

Wish me luck friends. It's life on the exceptional side, am I right?
Take care!
Much love and joy,
Karen

ps. Check my website at www.casparapublishing.com to see when Children of Light is out. It should be sometime in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment