Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Puppy Poppie is Feeling Poorly.

Poppie is not feeling well tonight and we're so sad. For a while she was shaking so hard I thought she was having seizures. Our last dog, Ginger, had seizures before she died and I couldn't help but think of that.

We get so attached to our pets, don't we?

I finally got three baby aspirin down her by putting them in Lil Smokies. I think that's helped a bit. Why does this stuff always happen when the vet is closed.

It's not like when Dr. Flynn was around. He was a farm vet that you could call day or night, there weren't a lot of extra charges for the odd hours of the call. Maybe we need a Pet Emergency Room. The city vets could rotate duty.

We have a crabby old man as a neighbor who is horribly vindictive. He got his tail in a knot this summer when we put up the privacy/safety fence for Ryan and I wouldn't put it past him to try to hurt Poppie. Last summer he threw a stuffed hedgehog with a firecracker over the chain link. The dog, of course, ran over to it. Fortunately, it fizzled out or it would have hurt her. He didn't think I saw but I was looking out the window at the time so saw the entire thing. I hope he wouldn't take out his anger issues on a harmless little dog in her own back yard. I'd like to believe that he isn't that twisted. I want to believe in the goodness of people.

When Ryan and I prayed for the dog this evening (yes, we prayed for the dog) I added a prayer for him. It must be horrible to be so angry and unhappy all the time. Can you imagine? Actually, I don't want to imagine.

So, when you go to sleep tonight or if you're reading this on Thursday morning, please pray for our pooch, Poppie. We love and we want her to feel better. Also please add a prayer for my neighbor who is so very unhappy and angry.

Remember, I'm praying for you too.
God bless,
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment