Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn Fun

Good morning folks,

I hope that today finds you happy and safe. I've been pondering the topic of my next column for Family Times and think I might do one on fall fun. What does your loved one with special needs like to do in the fall? Ryan, for one, can't quit picking up pretty leaves. He brings them home, they curl and fall apart. It's no big deal because there are more to replace them.

If you leave a comment on what you like to do in the next day or so with your first name and last name initial I may quote you in the article. For example, "Karen O. says that her son, Ryan, loves to gather fall leaves so they travel to the Knapp Hill to make sure he gets some great ones."

It'll be fun to see your name in print! You can also privately send me the comment at Life Comments if you'd like.

It seems like the autumn colors have popped in the last ten days. It always takes me by surprise and takes my breath away as well. The deep azure of the sky, the intense yellows, reds and oranges. I never tire of looking at it. My Hop Hornbeam tree in the front yard experiences "the fall" of leaves early. Actually, that's awesome because my neighbor across the street has a stunning sugar maple that we loves to look at.

I'm a baked potato LOVER and it's potato season!!!! We were at Klinger's the other day and they were bringing them in by the tractor loads. I bought a butternut squash too and it was delicious. I got these cute little goards (in the photo) three for a dollar. Honeycrisp apples are hitting the stores too.

I need to join my Real Life here so I'll say hasta luego.
Have a wonderful day and stay high and dry, okay. Looks like we're due for copious amounts of rain! Time to set up the scrapbook table!
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment