Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Boat Sank!


Good morning everyone,

This photo is of the Julia Belle Swain paddleboat as we cruised on the LaCrosse Queen paddleboat for one of my employers.

Last night I heard on the news that, with all the rain, the LaCrosse Queen sank. Yep, sank. I don't even want to know how much it'll cost to raise and repair her. Can you imagine finding a paddlewheel technician in this day and age?

I read a book one of my friends loaned me lately that contained a paddlewheel and I found it interesting that whenever they needed to do work they blocked the wheel and put up a sign "Man in Wheel" or something similar. Gives me shivers thinking about the reason for the implementation of that sign.

Wish the rain would stop, Ryan's lungs are having a hard time handling the moisture and mold spores. We need the air to dry a bit. The AC doesn't help a whole, unfortunately. I check on him a lot at night. Apnea is a factor and sometimes I shake him into breathing again. I don't think we're at the C-pap stage because typically his oxygen saturation is fairly good, unless, like I said, we're dealing with extended allergens. It's always something, isn't it?

Well, I'd better get to work. Have a great day,
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment