Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mums, Moms and Health

Good morning.

Ryan's still feeling punk but better. I'm glad that his respiration sounds better, that's always a panic. We used to use a nebulizer but found that the rescue inhaler actually worked better than the machine. Ryan's doctor believes the same so fortunately that wasn't a fight. Some are so old-school and believe that the more hairy a machine looks the better it is. However, I would remind those of us with some age that when I was in college computers had huge card decks and filled entire rooms. Now we run around with laptops and i-pads!

This is a mum that Ryan chose for his horticultural beds. He chose two others too.

The one if front is orange and the one behind the other two is yellow. He wanted them out front my his scarecrow for a while first. He also got a small pumpkin and some funky looking mini-gourds out at Klingers. We put the goards in an old apple basket and he lovingly set them next to the scarecrow.

Then, his massage therapist, who lives on a farm, brought in a beautiful pumpkin for him. He was absolutely thrilled to set it next to his little one.

I think his illness this time is passing more quickly and not as severe. I think his being outdoors more and playing with the plants has bumped up his vitamin levels and made him healthier in general. I hope so! Just one more benefit of horticultural therapy. Well worth it if we don't spend money on medical.

Well, I'd better fly. I hear Ryan and need to get him settled.
Have a great fall day, it's another stunner!
Much love and joy,

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Ryan is better -- after reading your posts I feel like I know both of you - the flowers are beautiful - you'll have to take a picture of the scarecrow and pumpkins too!

    ReplyDelete