Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Floor Prep

Good morning,

It's a great day to get outside and do something. Visit a pumpkin patch, rake, mow, play croquet ... whatever. Me? Well I have to clear out my kitchen. Yeah, I know. What a drag. We're finally, after a bazillion years, getting a new kitchen floor so I have to have everything except the stove and frig off it.

Now under normal circumstances that's not much, however, I have a free standing pantry, a microwave cart filled to the brim  and ceramic tile stored on the floor of the real pantry. I figure I'll put the microwave card in the entrance to the bathroom, the freestanding pantry in my bedroom and the stuff in the bottom of the other pantry in Ryan's room. The chairs can go in the living room as can the table, frig and stove.

If you haven't figured it out yet, our kitchen is the core of the house. In order to go anywhere you have to cross the kitchen. We can't even go to the bathroom without crossing the kitchen! If we have to go, we have to leave! I'm cutting off my liquids because, as I age, I pee hourly sometimes. Too much sharing? Sorry about that. I figure Ryan and I will play Wii in the living room for one of the hours. Maybe watch a movie for a couple more. Apparently it can take a while.

At any rate, I'm excited to finally be moving on it. Ryan has asthma but the "guy" assured me that the glue and sealer don't cause any respiratory problems, that was a relief. The minute I tell Ryan he can't go to the restroom, he'll probably have to go. Can't blame the kid, I probably will too. Our church is about a block away however, so we can jet up there.

Wish me luck! God bless you and yours today. May he wrap his arms tightly around you and show you his amazing love.

Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment