Sunday, September 19, 2010

One of those days ...

Good morning everyone,

Do you ever have one of those days when you feel like you get the fuzzy end of the lollipop every time? Yesterday was one of those days for me. Normally, I can just let things go, but once in a while I revisit every slight that's ever come my way and as the day wears on the cumulative effect weighs me down until I'm slouched over and grumbling. it's just better if I go to bed and stay there.

It started with stubbing my toe to the point that I may visit the ER today to make sure I didn't break a bone in my foot because of it. We went to the International Fall Festival. We ordreed lunch ... and they forgot mine. We went to our favorite farm to get squash and the employees there were positively snarky. By the time late afternoon hit, I'd dredged up slights from friends, family and strangers to such an extent that I had a substantial pity party going.

We finally gave up and came home. There I was able to relax and regroup ... and pray. I prayed that I would forgive those who had offended me, that I would see things with humor and tolerance and that I would recognize when it was time to go home and cocoon with my son.

We spent time enjoying each others company, watching a movie with popcorn. Thank God for our families, they make those awful twisty days straight and true. Along with them, our friends and faith, we can do anything.

Have a wonderful sabbath,
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment