Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bobbing Along

This is a little hard to see but it's the bobber on my line while fishing. I took a picture because it reminded me of me.

Seems  like I ride low in the water too some days. Depending on what's going on I may get pulled under, or I maybe be dragged across the water. Parenting a child with special needs has days like that. Days when you feel like you're drowning. Strangely enough, it's not usually the kid that is the problem, it's the system that is supposed to be there to help him or her. (although kids too are fun some days ... Ryan took out my GPS yesterday! Poor kid! He felt awful!)

I spend hours and hours each week researching, comparing and billing for various services. Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE that Ryan gets to partake in all of his disability services that get him into the community or that make a difference in his overall quality of life. I just get tired, weary and frustrated with the paperwork and circus that can surround it all. The amount of work leaves little time for anything else.

What about you? Even answering a simple medical form for a program ends up being a novella! What has your fish line in a knot?

If you're feeling like a bobber today, I pray that you remember that God will keep you afloat. Bobbers rise up to the top of the water.

Have a great day and remember that I'm praying for you and yours,
Much love and joy,
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment