Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life is Good

This is a sign I have hanging inside my front door, so I see it every time I leave the house. I sell Stampin' Up! scrapbook and card making supplies on the side (and teach therapeutic scrapbooking) so I wanted to use some of the cool vinyl Decor Elements on the mirror. It took me about five minutes to lay these words down.

Each time I see it I remember that life really is good. I might have a child with disabilities, but he is the joy of my life. When we don't have to deal with the outside crap, life IS good. He maintains the wonder and joy that is part of childhood. He is polite and caring, a good young man. I'm proud of him. Growing up in his shoes hasn't been easy but he has persevered and found passions in his life.

I think that's the trick, having passions. Ryan loves music. Since he's profoundly hard of hearing and aided in both ears he is exceptionally grateful that he can hear it with today's technology. He's passionate about listening to many different kinds. His relative deafness makes him more aware of his other senses. He is extremely visual. Movies, with his FM system or closed captioning, are a huge hobby of his. From contemporary, like the Harry Potter movies, right down to vintage, like Bringing Up Baby with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn or the comedy of Laurel and Hardy he is enrapt.

We've just started to fish and Ryan loves that. He's passionate about beaches and parks so fishing, being a new hobby we're introducing, fits right in! He loves to hike and take photos. His pics are a little avant garde but hey, we all see the world differently from one another, don't we?

I have passions. I love to read and to write. Some of the hobbies I've introduced to Ryan are mine so that we enjoy them together.

Life is Good.

I pray for your happiness today. Your peace and your child with special needs.

Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment