Friday, June 18, 2010

My Life is a Circus

My Life is a Circus, seriously. I'd like to say I'm the ringmaster of this show but sometimes I feel more like the woman on the tightrope, balancing precariously and trying to get to the other side safely.
I get tired of trying to figure out the right questions, having rules change mid program or mid project. The secrecy of some people in the helping profession as though parents are out to take advantage of them. Let's face it, some will, but I believe that proportion is fairly small.

Even parents who have become employed by agencies get paranoid. I knew one gal who worked in a helping position and ran a parent group on the side. She was so flippin' paranoid that she wouldn't allow anyone to really get involved. She said she wanted help, but she really didn't and chased away the most energetic and dedicated individuals so she could be ringmaster of her the group. It was sad.

It's been my experience that qualified people typically surround themselves with other qualified people. They are secure in their abilities and talents. People who are not really very good at what they do are paranoid that someone is going to be more qualified and bump them out of position. It must be stressful and lonely to operate that way, don't you think? Kind of the Peter Principle with Paranoia.

Hope your weekend is delightful. We're finishing up some clean up on the new privacy fence today and take some pics to post tomorrow. Then we hope to do some fun stuff this weekend. I'd like to hit the farmer's market and see what's out there, as well as Just Local foods. We bought strawberries yesterday from McIllquam's and they are absolutely delicious! I'm thinking of going back for more and making some jam this weekend, I have an easy recipe I love.

Also thinking maybe a baseball game or some kind of festival. There are tons around each weekend. I'm still using one crutch but moving around pretty well. My ankles and feet swell a little in the heat since the surgery. That's drag because on the hottest days my sandals don't fit. Pffft!

We'll see you soon. Take care and give your special person an extra hug from me today. I'm praying for you and yours.
Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment