Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't forget August!

I can't believe it's almost August. I love autumn. It's one of my favorite four seasons . I've told you all my three month rule right? June, July and August are summer; September, October and November are fall; December, January and February are winter; and March, April, and May are spring. That's usually where people get messed up. They think of winter as November through April. No, no, no.

Yes, it snows in November, but mainly it's a windy month of wood smoke, bare trees and early evening cozy at home. December is winter. But, we're getting ahead of ourselves. The point I'm trying to make is that often times we "wish away" August by thinking of back to school, autumn and scarecrows. STOP! August is still an awesome month of summer! The entire last THIRD of summer! Keep cooking out, taking road trips and having fun!

I have to admit that August is sometimes a month of Home. Don't you agree? We've taken vacation, we done all the summer activities. August is laying in a hammock, reading. August is watching a late movie and eating ice cream. August is opting for visiting family instead of wild vacations. August is almost a re-centering of our lives to get ready for the busyness of fall and the inward turn of winter.

 I love listening to cicadas, locusts, crickets and birds. Even the birds seem less frenetic in August. Have an amazing rest of the summer.
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment