Friday, July 23, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

Rain, rain, go away
Come again some other day
Little Karen wants to play
Rain, rain go away

OR

It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
Wake him up and put him in bed
Can't get up in the morning

Yep, it's been raining so much I'm weary of it. I want sunshine. Speaking as someone low on vitamin D ... it's kind of essential for me! The odd thing is, when it's sunny I'm almost manic, trying to get as much living as I can in out in the sun! Who knew my body actually craved it?

I have errands on the agenda today. If you have a young person with disabilities you know that this can be an all day job for errands that would normally take only a couple of hours. It's just the way it is. The problem today is that I have some weird intestinal crud going on that prevents me from straying too far from the house. Nuts. It's almost 10 a.m. and I'm still sitting here! I can't figure out if it's something I ate or I'm fighting off the flu. I'm tired, achey and nauseous. I hate being sick. I don't have time for it, you know? Its just so ... inconvenient. So much for most of my errands, right? This is when being a single parent blows. No one to pick up milk and bread. No nap for me.

What do you do when you're sick and alone with your person who has special needs? Do you have someone you can call? Someone who can run out and get groceries or medication for you? It's not as easy calling family and friends as it is to have a mate in the home. That's all there is to it. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just stating a fact. It is what it is.

Yesterday was a lovely cocooning day. But, I want out now. Hopefully this is something that will pass in the next few hours and I can get out there and get something done.

Gotta scram.
Much love and joy,

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment