Monday, July 5, 2010

Moss Rose Children

This is one of my pots of Moss Roses. I love the way each plant has up to five or six different colors. And these are still babies!

I know I liken our situations to nature a lot but I'm a nature lover so analogies flow freely, you know? I look at the Moss Rose and it looks spiky and unassuming, like our kids. It grows in less than ideal environs, like our kids. It flourishes and blooms in amazing colors when hit with intense heat ... like our kids.

I love that our children are so resilient and full of grace. In similar circumstances I don't know that I would be so gracious. What about you? I get angry as a parent when I see things handled badly. Ryan's name got left out of the church directory and I'm sick to my stomach. It's a small thing but why is it always him? At least it seems to be. One other child I know was left out too and it makes me want to scream. I take solace, however, in the Bible verse that in heaven "the last shall be first." It's Ryan's confirmation verse and he believes it with all his heart. I ask God daily to help me believe it.

I pray that you deal with injustice and social slights today with grace and faith.
We'll see you tomorrow,
Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment