Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Salad Recipe

Good morning everyone!
I'm posting a little late this morning because I had a Summer Salad to make and I wasn't about to forget it since it's the only other thing we're having tonight other than grilled steak. Just an economical trick on steak ... choose your steak and have them cut it for you again lengthwise. The steaks are the same size but half the thickness. They cook faster and it's plenty of meat!

Today I'm just going to put down the recipe for that Summer Salad ... Here you go...

Summer Salad

1 box (7 ox) ring macaroni
Bring to a boil with  1 tsp salt and cook according to package directions. Rinse and cool.

Add:
1 med onion, chopped fine
2 cups fresh cucumbers (I use little pickling cukes that are so abundant right now), chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 tsp pepper

Dressing:
1 1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Mix dressing with the rest and chill. I make the dressing a little scant because it seems to make a little much I thought. Kids LOVE this salad. Gets all those carrots, celery and cukes down them too.

Have a wonderful day and we'll see you tomorrow.
Much love and joy,

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment