Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ryan is OUT of the building!

Good morning everyone!

It's a beautiful day and we have a lot to do. Summer is always like that, isn't it?

Ryan started UCP Teen Group yesterday and had a great time. They made art projects. He came home with a cool little tic tac toe game he made and a book necklace thing. This year they've planned outings to Paul Bunyan museum, fishing, bowling and a picnic/horse event at Legacy Farms. Ryan dearly loves the group but misses pottery they used to do. Guess I'll have to enroll us in pottery class this winter, huh?

We are furiously picking Ryan's green beans. He's never eaten so many green beans in his life! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he's getting fresh organic vegetables. His tomatoes and cucumbers are blooming and growing like crazy so I expect we'll be eating those soon. Ryan actually has a little bit of a tan this year! I'm NOT kidding!!!!! It's slight but it's the first time that's ever happened because until we had the horticultural beds and the privacy fence he just didn't want to spend time outside in our yard.

Last night we grilled out and I made S'mores after dinner. We sat on the patio while we ate the messy things. I went into the house to finish dishes and wash those sticky marshmallow forks and ... wait for it ... Ryan stayed outside with the dog BY HIMSELF! I pushed it a little and took out garbage and went to the bathroom. I was inside a good ten to fifteen minutes. I got ready to go out and he was coming in. HUGE for us.

Today we're headed to the greenhouse for more horticultural therapy. I also want to give him a chance to socialize and talk about his garden with employees and other customers.  I'm blown away by how much it helps him. At any rate, I'll see you tomorrow. God bless and make sure to get outside today.

Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment