Monday, August 9, 2010

Just a chat


Good morning,

I took this close up of beans because it seems like it's an image that is typical of this time of year.  We've been a little consumed with produce since it's our first year with Ryan's horticultural beds. I haven't gardened since we lived in the country so it's all new to me again.

It's been a bumper crop year. We're picking tomatoes and cukes now. Heavily. Both cherry tomatoes and larger ones are coming in faster than we can eat them. We're getting about six to eight cucumbers each day from two plants. It's crazy!

I have to admit that I miss the drought summers. I know that's not a good thing to say, especially after the great garden bounty we've gotten this year but I'm so much more comfortable when it's dry. 85 degrees is great when it's dry. 68 is uncomfortable when it's sticky. Still, I open the house each morning to get the fresh air, although I'm not sure how fresh it is, into the house.

Ryan is fishing this week for UCP teen group. He LOVES the activities that are outside and summer-like. I hope the weather is decent for them.

I'm rambling today. Most days I have a point. Some days I just want to chat with you a little. Take care and have a great day.

Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment