Sunday, August 15, 2010

Need a Speaker?


Good morning!

We grilled out last night, which was amazing because it wasn't raining and it wasn't horribly hot and sticky. It was warm and sticky but definitely doable.

Here's my big guy making S'mores. This summer is the first one he's mastered standing that close to the grill and holding his own marshmallows. A Kodak moment, wouldn't you agree?

It's funny how odd generalization can be. I wonder sometimes if the general "safe" feeling of the fence has encouraged his bravery here. If he feels protected enough to try, you know? Whatever it is I'm pleased as punch that it's working.

I decided to start a book club at church that begins in September. We're going to read Joyce Meyers' How to Hear From God." I've read it before and absolutely love it. I asked a friend to co-lead with me. That way if anything medical comes up I've got someone to take over a meeting. Funny all the contingencies we have to put in place when we're caregivers.

My first book, Children of Light, will be out this fall. It's the story of me raising Ryan in faith. Some people said I needed to tell Ryan and my story without the faith part, but without it, there is no story. It's that simple. I hope it's not didactic and that people gain strength from it. It's the book I wish I would have had when I was raising Ryan. I'll let you know when it's available. I'll also be taking more bookings for speaking engagements at churches and women's groups as well as writers groups etc., so if you need a speaker let me know.

I also speak on other writing topics, faith topics and disability topics as well as early educational issues. Now that my hip is under control I feel like I can get back out there.

Well, I'm off to church. Take care and remember, I'm praying for you.
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment