Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Emotions

Good morning,

How are you this fine summer morning? It feels like fall to me. I've been feeling that way the last week or so, even when it was hot and sticky. The light has changed. It's lower already. The days are getting shorter and my body actually has a physical response to that so I FEEL the change.

I'm short on time this morning. I have a zillion things to do. Ryan and I hit the outdoor theater last night. It was a gorgeous night for it. We watched the Adam Sandler film, "Grown Ups." Typical Sandler. 70s music, same cast as always, bathroom humor and a thread of plot. At least it was about something and that's saying something, no matter how he got there. You can tell that he's gone all Hollywood. There's so much sexual innuendo in all films today. It just gets old. There's nothing fresh or creative about it, you know? It's a sell out.

Ryan has teen group today and they're bowling. He's so excited. He loves to bowl. This is the kind of activity these kids don't get to do very often. It's a regular kid fun activity. Barb and Warren do an amazing job with it.

Unfortunately, I'm putting out some disability fires today. I can't write about it yet because I'm angry. It wouldn't be fair to use words as weapons. I need to get past it then I'll share with you. I know that blogging is somewhat like regurgitating on the page but sometimes we don't really have the perspective we need to be helpful to others and I really do want that perspective. I want to be helpful. If I'm not, if you don't feel like you have a friend, then what's the point, right? Blogging is a form of navel gazing anyway so I don't want to take that to a level of spewing when I'm angry.  Random emotions can hurt people. I'll let you in, dear reader, when I'm not ready to do a poison pen number.

Prayers dear reader that you won't be dealing with "the crud" at 6:30 a.m. like I was.
God bless you,
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment